Poor sound quality (from Spotify)

All Volkswagen Taigo related discussions
loki16

Post by loki16 »

New owner here. Made the mistake of not testing the quality of the sound sytem (R-Line) and post-purchase am pretty disappointed in the sound quality. It takes it back to the days of simple radio quality.

Am sourcing from Spotify, top level bit rate.

Apart from fiddling with the equalizer, are there any checks/adjustments I can make to improve quality?

Thanks

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Agree that the sound system is not as good as some makes of cars that come with premium brand systems. However I've not noticed any real deterioration in the quality when listening to Spotify. Remember the unit connects wirelessly using bluetooth to your phone so I guess there can be a drop in quality. Have you tried connecting your phone by cable to see if this improves the sound quality.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
loki16

Post by loki16 »

Yes I’ve tried via Bluetooth and via cable and sound quality doesn’t seem to change much.
Nik

Post by Nik »

I've noticed that only some tracks over Deezer or Tidal have a shallow sound, but Tidal has a better sound for sure.
I might sell Taigo to my friend next year and buy a new one fully equipped. I bought my first Taigo ever since the dealer got its first batch of Taigo's, but I would like to configure a new one now so I am wondering if the Beats system is worth the money and if I will hear the difference.
loki16

Post by loki16 »

Have you tested Tidal quality against Spotify?