Exceeding speed limit alert resetting itself

All Volkswagen Taigo related discussions
tomtank62

Post by tomtank62 »

My Taigo keeps changing my settings for the speed limit alert. I normally have it set to alert by sound and visual if I exceeed the limit by 3mph. It sometimes changes itself to alert at 6mph over. A couple of weeks ago it switched the alert off altogether, today it switched off the sound alert.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Secondly, has anyone had an oem reversing camera fitted retrospectively? I am still waiting for my dealer to say one is available.

Thanks.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 »

I find the speed limit alert really annoying, Here in Spain there are loads of lower limit signs changing within a few hundred metres. You can turn off the whole thing or just the audible warning. My Ateca had a max speed warning option which is useful on the motorways here. The Taigo does not have this option, but I noticed there was a winter tyre speed warning which can be set to any speed. I set that to 140kph which is the normal maximum motorway speed, allowing for the 11% grace factor plus the fact that all speedometers over read by about 6kph (check this via your GPS).
VW Taigo 1.5 DSG R-Line, 2023 M/Y, Visual Green/Black
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Not had the issue of it changing the speed parameters, ie 3mph over to 6mph over the speed limit but it does occasionally turn itself off altogether. I can only assume this may happen when there is a background over the air update to the mapping/software. I've no evidence of this but can't think of any other explanation to this.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel