Maps on cockpit

All Volkswagen Taigo related discussions
unerrore

Post by unerrore »

Hi all,
On my Taigo when i connect an Android phone and use Google Maps for navigation, I’able to see the map on the main display and arrows information on the cockpit.

When i connect an iPhone, i’m only able to see Google Maps information on the main display (no indication on the cockpit).

Is it normal?
Thank you

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Not sure on that one as I only have a Google Pixel phone which as you say displays the routing arrows on the dashboard display as well as the infotainment unit. My son is over tomorrow, who has an iPhone so will check for you on this.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

After checking this morning for you I can confirm that my son's iPhone running the latest Apple Software 16.5.1 (c) does display the directional arrows in the dashboard display directly behind the steering wheel and on the infotainment unit display. Sounds like a software issue either on the phone or on the car. Have you tried the software update option on the car to see if you are running the latest version.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
unerrore

Post by unerrore »

Thank you for this check.
Can you share the software version of the infotainment system? I will compare with mine that for the moment is not proposing any update via OTA.

Thank you!
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

PXL_20230724_203130770.jpg

Software currently on my Taigo, hope this helps.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
unerrore

Post by unerrore »

It seems that my hardware and software version is even more recent than yours but unfortunately it doesn’t work. Very strange

IMG_6807.jpeg

IMG_6806.jpeg

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Must be differences with the software dependant on the country where you live. Strange though that the mapping software in the UK is dated 23 June yet 21st November on your vehicle. However the Hardware and car software is a later version. Had my car in for its first service three weeks ago and the dealer advised me they had updated the infortainment unit with the latest version. Just tried doing an over the air update and vehicle saying latest version is installed. The mystery deepens as to why in the UK directional arrows show yet in your country they are missing. My other son lives in Arnhem in the Nederlands and I’ve just checked with him for you and he confirms that the directional arrows also display on the both screens in his Golf using Google Maps, His Golf has the same display unit as the Tiago being a Golf 7.5 model unlike the current Mike 8 which has the new display. Somehow this has to be software issue depending on the country
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
Fred99

Post by Fred99 »

If you use Apple Maps via iPhone and Carplay you get turn by turn directions on the driver display. Google Maps do not show directions.
VW Taigo 1.5 DSG R-Line, 2023 M/Y, Visual Green/Black
unerrore

Post by unerrore »

Fred99 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:58 am
If you use Apple Maps via iPhone and Carplay you get turn by turn directions on the driver display. Google Maps do not show directions.
@dmrodgers: can you confirm if you used Google Maps or Apple Maps for your tests?
Thank you