Twelve months of ownership

All Volkswagen Taigo related discussions
Archie Bishop

Post by Archie Bishop »

Taigo R Line 1.0 TSi 1.1

OK…. Taigo R Line 1.0 Tsi… Striking white with glossy black roof (impressed by both)

Extras- Misano 18 inch black alloy wheels (please note that I did not order (nor pay for) ANY extras – the car was a cancelled order – much to the financial loss of the poor chap who forfeited the cost of the extras.

Reversing- {rear view) camera (well worth what I didn’t pay for !)

My Taigo had its first birthday last week and was welcomed to Vw’s pristine clinic (workshop) for its first service – so I thought that I would offer comment upon its twelve months of ownership.

Comment number one, is a little regret that if I had the ability to re-order again I would without doubt buy the 1.5 engine variant. For most of its time the 1.1 litre is adequate – until it reaches a hill (and there are lots – and lots in the area where Taigo and I live ) The Durham Dales.(That’s in the North East !)

What little criticisms I express are outnumbered by the blatant fact that the Taigo is a very nice car to drive and own. My work takes me to London and Oxford a three hundred mile drive – so comfort is a necessity.

MPG: Overall I would estimate a consumption of circa 43 to 48 depending on speed and traffic – which is darn good in this day and age – quite happy with that.

When booking in for the service – VW warned me that they would require the car ALL DAY for an update (software) I did ask if VW had heard of high speed broadband – no reply from the booking in clerk
Apparently, the update is to do with seat belts ? Nevertheless the update was finalised well within four hours (including oil change service)

Dislikes screen wiper blades – sorted almost immediately upon purchase by fitting AeroTwin – amazing difference !

Regards to you all

Jeff (will post photograph – when I find out to do it !)

ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Hi..Nice account..
I'm six months behind you in ownership...Mines also a 1.0 R line DSG....mines been very good so far...done 4k miles now...Totally agree about the wipers...The only thing I wish I had is a power tailgate...Mine is Pearl black....looks super when clean....but needs regular work to keep it looking good...best wishes from the Tropical Isle of Wight....Ed
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

12 months of ownership car going in tomorrow for service. Told I can wait for it, will take approx 2 hours, drinks and biscuits will be provided. Love the car with some niggles. Have the R-line model with the 1.5ltr engine, goes like a rocket and will cruise all day long at motorway speeds and go up and down the Yorkshire Dales as though they are not there. Yet still averaging over 46mpg with the car set in eco mode. Now the niggles, four warranty claims since new, fortunately non mechanical. Failed infotainment unit replaced at 2 months old, anti collision warnning system failure 4 months, wireless charging pad failed around 8 months ago and a coupe of months ago the overhead lighting/emergency call unit above the windscreen failed and replaced. All little niggles that didn't stop me driving the car but still annoying, Oh and two paint chips on the front of the car in the first three months of ownership suggesting the paint is maybe soft though I've not had any since. Love the car to drive and the performance , seats supportive and roadholding second to none. You I buy again, a resounding yes.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel