New Member 2022 Taigo 1.0 R DSG in Black

New to the Volkswagen Taigo Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pskc888

Post by Pskc888 »

Hi everyone very excited to announce I have just paid the deposit for a demo from Jardine at £23k for a 22 registered 1.0 Taigo R Dsg…
Before it arrives any suggestions of feedback much appreciated even if it’s what to look out for when it’s delivered.
We are coming out of a 69 golf GTD

ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Hi and welcome from the Tropical Isle of Wight...I have the same car bought new Sept 2022...mines got no roof bars and has a sun roof and 18inch alloys...
If yours has a tin of gunk...I suggest you get a spare wheel and tools...well worth it...The oem windscreen wipers are rubbish..they judder and smear...Bosh Aerotwins are the way forward from amazon about £25 delivered
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

I'm sure you will love the car, drives beautifully and road holding is excellent. Whilst I've had no mechanical/engine issues with the car I have in 12 months ownership 4 warranty claims. Failed infotainment unit, anti collision warning system failure, wireless charging pad failure and replacement of overhead interior lighting unit which includes emergency call function. All annoying faults but put right under warranty by dealer and car has never let me down mechanically.

My four gripes about the car are the appalling windscreen wipers that judder across the screen, mentioned by a number of members on here, the manual handbrake, why in this era does the car not have an electronic handbrake like the majority of the current VW cars and the reversing camera that gets filthy when it rains. Other VW cars have the camera behind the badge that lifts up when reversing but keeps the camera lens clean when driving. My last observation is that the interior trim has too much hard plastic especially compared to say current models in the VW range. Building quality is good so fortunately you don't get any of the awful squeaks and rattle from the dash and plastic trim.

Other than that I love the car, would I buy another, a resounding YES.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
Pskc888

Post by Pskc888 »

Hi guys
Thanks for your kind feedback the next thing I am going to do is order the wipers unfortunately we don’t have the big wheels as the wife always kirbs them. The sunroof must be lovely! Noted about the spare wheel. Such a shame about the dashboard but I will just have to avoid touching it and concentrate on the leather steering wheel and gear knob (which is huge) thanks guys did either of you order the boot tray or the weconnect
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

My car came with weconnect and was a life saver for me last October when on holiday in France. Lost the key when shopping Calais, retraced my steps but couldn't trace it despite asking in all the shops we visited. Thought not to worry as my wife has the spare key which she then went on to inform me it was in her handbag, in a faraday bag in the boot. Fortunately weconnect amongst other things using the mobile app allows you to open and lock the car otherwise we would have been stranded 300 miles from home in a foreign country. This was our life saver but did cost £300 for a replacement key when we got home.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
Alphabrimble

Post by Alphabrimble »

Yeah vw factory wipers are quite bad I haven’t got my Taigo yet but my current t cross would judder when I got them got Bosch’s aerotwins on now still a little judder but not as bad as the vw one
Taigo style 1.0 110ps manual.
Kings red metallic, heated seats, rear view camera, spare wheel
Fred99

Post by Fred99 »

I have the boot tray, the more expensive one. It was a gift from the dealer- Nice fit and good quality.

Enjoy your car!
VW Taigo 1.5 DSG R-Line, 2023 M/Y, Visual Green/Black
Pskc888

Post by Pskc888 »

Thanks everyone very kind of you valuable feedback.
Sorry last question I promise anyone know about the service interval.
Some say long life 24 months 18,000
Others say every year 10,000 miles
What service schedule is everyone else planning on running?
Alphabrimble

Post by Alphabrimble »

In the uk the service schedule is usually 1 year or 10000miles as recommended by vw uk. With all the vw I have had I service every year.
Taigo style 1.0 110ps manual.
Kings red metallic, heated seats, rear view camera, spare wheel
Pskc888

Post by Pskc888 »

Thanks I’m being told by the dealer that it’s every 2 years frustrating. The website is unclear and suggests you could do either