Software update

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen Taigo
valdowb

Post by valdowb »

Hi there does anybody know
How the infotainment software updates working

Is it OTA ?
What is the software version?
My car tell me there is an update available for download I press ok and nothing is happening
When i checked software menu is nothing there
It is over 5 months already.
Do I need to share ma wifi on mobile to download?

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

As far as I’m aware the mapping software update is over the air. By pressing OK it does it in the background. Only way I noticed was a road which opened last week near to where I live suddenly appeared on the SatNav. I understand from my dealer that software updates for engine management etc is done by the dealer when the car is next in for service unless it’s a safety issue when you’ll get a dealer call or letter from VW to take the car in.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
Mik123

Post by Mik123 »

Hi there
I purchased Taigo R-line DSG last year July at VW N1 city in Cape Town. a few weeks after I got the car the EPC light was on, engine light on and error Stop/Start. VW said it was the software update that needed to be done. After the software was done the same issue occurred.
To date my vehicle has been in 6 times for VW to find out what the issue is, VW factory recommends changing different parts in the vehicle.

These are the parts replaced
VW software update
2. EPC sensor replaced.
3. Car miss firing – work done on spark plugs.
4. Replaced faulty no2 injector.

They refuse to give me a new car when its clearly a factory fault.
Has anyone else has the same experience?
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

I've had 5 warranty repairs done in 12 moths ownership of my Taigo, however non have been mechanical related issues. These were related to the infotainment unit, charging pad, anti collision warning system, overhead interior lighting/emergency accident call unit and ignition key immobiliser system.
Mechanically the car has been superb with great performance. I did have the engine management software updated by my dealer after about 5 months of ownership when in for a warranty repair and have experienced no issues with the update since. Not sure what the consumer rights are in South Africa regarding rejecting the car but generally here in the UK it generally falls into two categories, 30 days and 6 months though you can claim in the first 12 months but this is more complex and not as easy. You must also give your dealer the chance to put right the faults before you can make a claim. See attached which may help you but bare in mind these are UK consumer rights. Hope you can get this resolved as basically the car is very good.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tips-advi ... -explained
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
freejam

Post by freejam »

Yes, software update is weird I couldn't work out when the update was taking place, it did not seem the occur when parked with ignition turned on, but seemed to be updating whilst not moving in traffic - it took three days to update before I got an update completed message. More wobbly German software engineering I think.