Warranty Claims

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen Taigo
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Have I just been unlucky or are other members having issues with their new Taigo's. Lovely car to drive, great performance and economy spoilt by 4 warranty claims and car still not a year old.

1. Infotainment Unit failed resulting in VW agreeing to replace.
2. Anti collision sensors failed, new unit fitted.
3. Wireless charging pad would not charge a phone, replaced again under warranty
4. And now today back into dealer and informed overhead panel which includes driver and passenger lights, crash alerting system to call for help etc. needs replacing as unit is faulty. This again to be covered under warranty.

Frustrating to say the least, touch wood mechanically the car has not let me down as yet and the dealer has been great trying to resolve all issues. If I hadn't owned a VW before and know the cars generally are very reliable then these issues would have put me off the marque for life.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel

ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Hi and WOW...Must have been a Friday afternoon Car..I think you have just been unlucky! Nice to hear the Dealer is playing ball...Fingers crossed for you that it will now be trouble free in the future
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

ioweddie wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:05 am
Hi and WOW...Must have been a Friday afternoon Car..I think you have just been unlucky! Nice to hear the Dealer is playing ball...Fingers crossed for you that it will now be trouble free in the future
Can’t fault the dealer for their after sales service inputting the car right. So much so that this morning the door bell rang and a DPD vans out side delivering 3 packages. A lovely big bunch of flowers for my wife, a picnic hamper full of jams, biscuits and other food items and a box containing 10 bottles of wine (not cheap wine as I looked online £17.99 a bottle) with a lovely card signed by the dealer principle apologising for all the issues I’ve had with the vehicle. The whole package must have cost the dealership something like £250/300. A nice touch, I am some might say it’s just to keep you onside when you come to change your car, but nevertheless a lovely gesture. I’ve spoken to the dealership just now and managed to get the dealer principle and thanked him personally for the the gift.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Nice Gesture from them...They need to keep you sweet...but really good of them to actually care...Best Wishes from the Tropical Isle of Wight...Regards Eddie
norbert

Post by norbert »

I bought my 110 hp Taigo in 2022 July. I guess I broke one of the most important code of automotive: never buy brand new car (SOP < 6 months). I've got many issues: "need to replace the 5th gearset in the transmission", AC gives strange noise (my 2005 Opel Astra had similar noise as the ventilator bearing worn out), number plate bolt got broken, mirrors did not want to open, mobile connectivity issues, etc. I bought the car in Hungary and the dealer was horrible there. They did not really want to take problems seriously. In the meantime, I came to Portugal for work, the car is here with me. The local dealer tries to help. All in all I like the car, but it should have been much more reliable.
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

I feel for you as my Taigo is now going back in on Tuesday for its 4th Warranty claim. My dealer have been wonderful, very supportive and have bent over backwards to assist. Mechanically th car is superb, drives as god as any ore expensive cars, fast, smooth with great fuel economy when driven in eco mode, over 50mpg, just let down badly with the non mechanical issues. Hope your dealer can sort out your issues as the car has the potential to be as good as the legendary golf.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel