Hello All

New to the Volkswagen Taigo Forums? Introduce yourself here
tomtank62

Post by tomtank62 »

Hello everyone, I have a white 1.5 DSG, my first VW, and first automatic gear box. I joined the T-Roc forum a few years ago when I was thinking about buying one, but went for something else.
I first saw the Taigo early last year and fell in love with it straight away. I bought mine in September and have not been disappointed. The gearbox is fantastic.

I loved all the many LED lights, both inside and outside, front and back. So when I opened the tailgate it was disappointing to find a yellow bulb in the fitting. Has anyone upgraded to LED?

Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

Welcome! Agree DSG gearbox is amazing. I made the switch in my previous car (Polo) and haven't looked back. Yes it's not 100% perfect but overall I think it works really well, almost perfect in most situations incl the way it reacts to kickdown and quite smooth. Occasionally it can be weird if you accelerate unexpectedly, but I had a 3 gear auto in a Twingo decades ago and that was terrible lol so by comparison the DSG is perfect

No haven't thought about switching the LED - ist it a standard fitting? To be fair it seems bright enough
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam
Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

Actually I checked it again last night and it's not bright at all, it's terrible! So yeah would be worth replacing if it's easy enough?
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam
Den44

Post by Den44 »

From March this year 2023 I will be driving a Taigo 999 cc R Ilne dsg recently widowed so I am down sizing from a Golf SV 1.5 dsg lots of space to fill ?? been driving since 17 yrs old now nearing late seventies.
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Hi...Welcome from the tropical Isle of Wight...I got a new 1.0 r line in September...absolutely love it...I downsized from Mercedes C220 Premium Plus estate...honestly not missing it at all...Only small grip is the window wipers on my Taigo juddered from new...had them replaced FOC under warranty...ok for a few weeks then started to be smeary...bit the bullet and replaced them myself with Bosch ones from Amazon just under £20...problem solved...you might be lucky...but they seem to be a common problem on the Taigo and T roc...Please put some pic's up when it arrives...have a look at mine in the gallery...any questions on the new car we are all here to help each other...Be Lucky! EDdie