Windscreen Wipers

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen Taigo
Archie Bishop

Post by Archie Bishop »

Over the last twelve years I have owned several Golf Gti's and Siroccos....Oddly, I encountered problems with the factory fit wipers (of each) - A search of the appropriate Forum(s)

suggested that I was certainly not alone with the problem !

My Taigo is also afflicted with poor performance (juddering, not clearing the screen, unwanted noise etc) so, I followed the advice on the (previous) forums and bought the highly recommended Bosch Areotwin Flat...

Problem(s) solved ! (immediately)

Yes, I could have complained to VW - who would no doubt fit some other wiper blade that would in no way fully address the issue.

Wipers - in my opinion are much too important to use 'second rate' - and yes I paid to buy them whereas VW may have donated a set free !

In consequence, I have no regrets with the purchase...

For those of you considering replacement :

Bosch Aerotwin Flat - Front AP 26U - Passenger: AP18U -

Regards : Jeff

ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Hi Jeff...I bought a new Taigo 1.0 r line DSG in September...had the wipers replaced under warranty within 2 weeks for noise juddering and not cleaning on the down stroke....and Guess what the drivers one is not cleaning on the down stroke again...Thanks for the heads up on the Bosch Twins...Be Lucky...Eddi
Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

I was contemplating this for the same reasons - should use warranty but once I switched my previous polos wipers for the Bosch it was so much better so placed the order now for around 25 quid from euro car parts.
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam
Daytel

Post by Daytel »

I have had my car since April so no chance of claiming under the warranty.

My wipers started juddering and so I tried the usual things, glass cleaner, soapy water, silicone spray ect to no avail.
I found the Bosch replacements in the Bosch store on Amazon for £19.79p. The drop down list confirmed compatibility.
Needed to add a low value item to get over the £20 minimum spend for free postage..
Very simple push button slide on fit with no adapter needed, and they are perfect.

C16BF022-2CA1-498B-A73F-88C1B14B6A52.png

VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White with Pearl Black roof
Black mirror housing pack
Panoramic sunroof (so no roof rails)
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Spare Wheel
Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

Oh nice even cheaper for some reason I didn't think of Amazon.. good find!
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Got my Bosch A864S Twin Delivered today...under £20 with Amazon Prime...Brilliant
Archie Bishop

Post by Archie Bishop »

Hi Eddie.....

Something you will not regret

Regards

Jeff
freejam

Post by freejam »

Thanks Jeff I just took a screenshot of your specs - I'm still living with some judders, being lazy at mo after house painting all the bedrooms and bathrooms.

Wifey been chasing me to paint some skirting boards - I've run out of excuses - so I'll need to do them today - but having fun reading through the forum right now. Pete
freejam

Post by freejam »

Wow finally replaced my front wipers with Aero twins smoothly effortless clean wipes - I've had probs sourcing the rear wiper A355 H but should get one delivered next week. The beauty also lies in the fitting - just a simple button press and pull/push fitting. Fronts need the wipers to be set to maintenance mode before changing the blades - instructions are in the manual.
DerekL

Post by DerekL »

Also got the Bosch AeroTwin A864S pack - contains both front blades - 650mm and 450mm.
Replacement / fitting is really simple.
And the juddering problem solved

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!