I'm a new member

New to the Volkswagen Taigo Forums? Introduce yourself here
silverhairs

Post by silverhairs »

Hi to all forum members,
Next Wednesday I'm picking up an ex-demo 1.5 R-line only got 3500 miles on the clock. I've watched loads of videos on reviews of the car, sat in one, just waiting to take it out on the road before handing over the money !
I used to have a 2018 VW Polo SEL, it was getting too low for the wife to get out of, it was 3 years old and only done 9000 miles. So, I purchased a 2022 MG HS Exclusive, had all the bells and whistles apart from front sensors, it was bit of a pig to park up against anything, so I had front sensors fitted, the best part of £400.00 to be honest they were next to useless, it's a smashing drive and very comfortable, but the wife doesn't like driving it on her own, so that's going. Also it was black, not the best colour if you like a clean looking car, though when polished, looked good
The Taigo I've purchased has a rear-view camera fitted and 18" wheels and it's in the Kings red.
Can anybody tell me if it's got a spare wheel or an inflation kit, and does it have as standard mats, I'm asking here as I don't want to keep phoning the dealer with all my questions, I bet he's getting a bit fed up with me : roll:.

ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Hi and Welcome from the Tropical Isle of Wight...I got a black one...agree about the cleaning...with regards to the spare wheel...it's probably got a tin of gunk...I got a wheel and all the tools as part of the deal (new)...If yours doesn't come with one there are plenty on ebay about £150...You will need a wheel brace...jack and a thingy to get the wheel nut cover off...mine came with mats...but again lots available on ebay £20-30 depending on quality...the reversing camera is poor in the rain as it gets dirty and blurs the vision...lets have some pics when it arrives
Be Lucky! Eddie
Daytel

Post by Daytel »

I agree with everything Eddie said, I also got the spare wheel as part of the deal.
We also had a SEL Polo in 2015 ,which proved to be too low.
The T Cross was not on sale at the time, so opted for a Q 2, and then a T Cross in 2019.
Now have the Tiago, although the roof line is lower, the actual seat height is only 2 cm lower, and is fine.
It’s proved to be the best car I have had, and may be the one I will keep long term,
Enjoy your new car, haven’t see one in Kings Red yet, but then have only seen one other!
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White with Pearl Black roof
Black mirror housing pack
Panoramic sunroof (so no roof rails)
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Spare Wheel
silverhairs

Post by silverhairs »

That was the best thing with the Polo reversing camera, it was under the VW badge, when you selected reverse, the VW badge used to flip up and was never dirty or had water on it.
I've phoned the garage up and asked for a spare wheel to be included, I've never had a flat tyre in over 10 years, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll get one on the motorway on the way home !

Thank you for your replies.