My minor complaints

All Volkswagen Taigo related discussions
Progressed

Post by Progressed »

Hi there,

I have my Taigo style now for a week and noticed some things I'm hoping nobody else has so i can make a case to fix my issues.

1. Randomly when i open the car the mirrors don't fold out by them selfs. It's totally random because the next time it will. I have the car for 1 week now and it happened 3 times.

2. I find it very strange you have to close the tailgate that hard. To hard in my opinion. It also seems that you can't lock the car when the tailgate is not closed properly even though it looks like it.

ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Have the same with the tailgate...my mirrors are ok...how's the wipers...mine juddered....had new ones fitted under warranty...well it was only 3 days old....
Progressed

Post by Progressed »

I live in Greece. No rain yet haha

Did you have the tailgate issue addressed to the dealer or do you keep it like this?
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Same here with the tailgate, you have to slam it to shut it. When questioned at my dealership I was told this was to ensure a tight seal as the design of the car throws up a lot of dirt at the back. Sounds like bulls..t to me but dealer would not adjust saying it was to the specification as set by VW. Not had any issues with the windscreen wipers or wing mirrors, all functioning as normal.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
S.phelps

Post by S.phelps »

Got the same problem with my tail gate got to slam it to close it.
silverhairs

Post by silverhairs »

Door mirrors that refuse to open when unlocking the car.
Had this with my MG HS, if you lock the car and unlock within 5 minutes, works fine, leave it for 15 minutes and they refuse to open. Have to press the mirror button inside the door for them to open.
And that's one of the reasons also being black I've got rid of the MG, also the Wife didn't like driving it.
Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

I got the hard slam tailgate issue and wiper issue as well.
Wipers seem to have improved a fair bit after some weeks of use in heavy rain though.

Mirrors fine so far although made some noises when frozen in -5 the other day but still worked ok.
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

I got new wiper blades after two weeks from new...drove me mad...lovely now...enjoy your new car
tomtank62

Post by tomtank62 »

I find a firm push rather than a slam closes the tailgate.
Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

I gotta say my tailgate is fine now... Maybe just needed some wearing in..
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam