Best not to read this !

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen Taigo
Archie Bishop

Post by Archie Bishop »

My previous Forum was the Golf Gti forum - which I still read - it gives updates upon the VW programme for similar cars - and the various issues which may affect a number of vehicles.

Yesterday's forum mentioned - and alluded to the factory fitment of the IQ Matrix LED Headlights - which many of us have (including myself) - Although the units MAY be slightly different - between the Golf and the Taigo - it is likely that there may be similarities - i.e. price per replacement / per unit.

The 'unfortunate' owner of a new mark 8 Gti described a developing fault with the headlight (corroding from the inside) BUT that necessitated the actual replacement of the light unit (carried out under warranty - which would suggest VW accepts must be their fault)

Here comes the 'Bad Bit' :

Cost of replacement (for the mark 8 Gti) £1700 per the one headlight unit - plus £300 for the radar unit to be re-set.

Time for a hot coco / Horlicks - or even something a great deal stronger !

freejam

Post by freejam »

Yep, that'll be the GTI prestigious pricing policy in action. Mate had to pay £2000 for an Audi TT wing mirror - wait - it was chromed!