Come on Guys lets get this forum going

The place to discuss everything else..
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

I'm a member of 2 brilliant Mercedes Forums...we need to get this one going a bit as its pretty quiet.

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

I think part of the issue is currently the lack of Taigo's on the road, or a least in the area of Yorkshire where I live. I know all dealers of whatever make of car are struggling with new car deliveries and Volkswagen are probably no different. I took delivery of my Taigo 1April and can honestly say I've not seen another one yet in the UK despite travelling regularly on the M62 motorway between East Yorkshire and Leeds and spending a week in June in the Cotswolds on holiday. I've just come back from two and a half weeks travelling in the Netherlands, Belgium and France crossing then from Calais to Dover and the travelling North and agin not saw one Taigo in all that time. Would be interesting to know how many have been sold, our local TV region (Yorkshire) are advertising the car heavily so hopefully we will se more on the roads and consequently more comments on here.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Hiya...Makes Sense...I bought mine because my Merc was starting to show its age...whilst having it fixed I saw my Taigo in the showroom...and thought I can have that for £12 plus my Mercedes...off the peg so to speak....going from a 2.5 AMG Line to a 1.0 Mmmm....Time will tell LOL
Archie Bishop

Post by Archie Bishop »

Following the remarks of IoW Eddie on 19th August
Here goes:

Observations and views on the Taigo – thus far (part two)

Yes, I made a mistake in not buying the 1.5 version – the 1-1 is deemed as adequate but ‘she’ gets a little shy whilst going up hills. This was even more pronounced two days ago when I was overtaken by one of those awful electric scooters things that all children seem to be riding ! ( Not true but my point is made)

I do concur with his remarks that there appears to be very few of Taigo models on the road – and also that I too have not seen another within my area (North East & Oxford) – but a visit to my local VW dealer showed there to be no apparent shortage. With regard to The Taigo Television advert on local tv region - the ones I have seen seem to be transmitted late at night (11pm ish) when no doubt potential Taigo buyers would by then have already had their Coco / Horlicks and would be fast asleep wrapped up in their cot !

My previous forum membership was with the VW Golf Gti – Mark 7.5 which was very much subscribed to – I still read it daily.
One of the contentious issues which continued to be repeated was that of the VW ‘Lane Assist’- it was overwhelmingly regarded to be ‘AN ISSUE’ – your view and comments would be appreciated

There, that should increase our ‘message count’

Regards to you all… Jeff
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Hi Jeff...Good post..I hope your not trying to make me regret buying a 1.0 lol...mind you I'm dropping from a 2.5 diesel 0 to 60 in about 7.5 seconds so anything else is gonna feel slower...it will suit the slower pace of life here on the Tropical Isle of Wight...Be Lucky..Eddie
Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

Yeah there are no Taigos in the UK - or in Germany or on Tenerife for that matter. Haven't been anywhere else lately but probably same globally ;) I see TONS of t cross though and I think we can all agree it looks so tiny and boxy VS the Taigo!

My lane assist worked pretty well so far but I have no reference, never had any before, but seems fine and I used it for multiple hours in different weather and times of day.
Only tried on the motorway though, don't see the point to use on local roads and assume it won't work well on those? Too tight and poor markings..
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Leave my lane assist on all the time and have no issues with its use on local roads as it works well even where road markings are poor. Agree about the number of Taigo-s on the road in the UK. Since taking delivery of mine late March 2022 I've only seen 3 other Taigo's on the road and as I travel regularly from Yorkshire down as far as Dover you can't say its a regional issue. Love the car and agree with your comments about the T-Cross.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
Sue5stewart

Post by Sue5stewart »

There are lots of Taigo’s where I live in Scotland, I have two friends who bought theirs the same weekend as mine, popular car here. I love my Taigo, used to have a T Cross and unfortunately did not like it at all.
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Funny that I thought the Name Taigo sounds Scottish
Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

That's so interesting about Scotland, now we know where all the Taigos are hiding!
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam