Display Touch not work.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen Taigo
Cicciobaliccio

Post by Cicciobaliccio »

Hi everyone,
Taigo new, 2 weeks old. The display occasionally doesn't respond to touch and forces me to do a soft reset by pressing the power button. It's not regular, it does it randomly.
I turn on the car and it works. I turn it off. I turn it back on and it doesn't work anymore. I do the soft reset and it works. Sometimes it doesn't work even after soft reset.
at the dealership they told me to wait for the software update but I'm not very convinced, they could have done a hard reset in the workshop, right?

Tez23

Post by Tez23 »

My touchscreen failed completely a few weeks ago. I thought it was the result of a failed installation of an update download. VW dealer investigated with help from tech in Germany and eventually found that it was a fault with the electronic control unit for the touchscreen. They have replaced it under w arranty. All working fine again now.
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Had the same issue with my touchscreen a year ago when my car was around a month old. Despite the best efforts of VW in Germany to resolve the issue my car ended up in the dealership where the whole unit was replaced under warranty. I'd try VW support as your dealers response of waiting for the next update is not good enough for a two week old car. What if the next update happens to be 6 months away. VW support were excellent for me and it seems the same for Tez23 above. You shouldn't have to put up with a faulty infotainment unit on a brand new car.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel