Fitted Dashcam Yesterday

All Volkswagen Taigo related discussions
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Managed to hard wire my front dash camera yesterday....Pretty straight forward once I found the Fusebox...Wow it was hard to pull off the cover located by the light switch...thought I might break it...one strong tug from the left hand side and its off...I positioned the camera high up to the left of the rear view mirror...ran the wire behind the mirror and hid it in the front of the headlining....then using a plastic levering tool...I teased the wire down the inside of the drivers pillar....to the dashboard...again using the plastic lever I removed the panel on the side of the dashboard....located a switched via the ignition fuse...removed it and fitted a piggy back fuse holder which had a low rated fuse for the dash camera...inserted the original fuse in the piggy back holder...then refitted it into the space where the cars original fuse came from....attached the earth wire to the stud protruding at the top where the side cover came off...using an extra nut...refitted the dash fuse cover and the side of dash cover...and Bob's your uncle..

If anyone needs any help let me know...Be Lucky! Eddie

Kit cost £8.54 delivered via eBay...cut and paste text below into eBay search

Car Hard Wire Kit DVR Box For Recorder Dash Cam Camera GPS Mini USB Hardwire Kit

(384843203955)

A14UTY

Post by A14UTY »

Hi Eddie, I too have a dash cam to fit - took delivery of my Taigo yesterday after running a T-Cross for 13 months.
A quick question if I may……did you run the wire behind the roof console cover or just across the outside of it? Reason for asking is that the leading edge of the cover looks tight to the screen.
Many thanks
Andrew
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Hi...I put the camera on the passenger as near to the roof consul and mirror housing as possible...ran the wire between the back of the mirror and the consul...to the drivers side...then tucked it up behind the flimsy roof lining across to the door pillar....down the inside of the pillar trim...be careful of the air bag wiring....then across the dash into the fuse box..the fuse box cover is really tight and needs a good tug out and down...I struggled to find a fuse that was only live when the ignition was on...and can't remember which one...I think it was either a 25 amp or 25 amp...I bought a fuse piggy back kit from flea bay...which included a plastic trim removing tool...Cut and paste this number into eBay search for the hard wire fuse kit...Here to help if you need anything else...Eddie
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

203760649596 Forgot to add the eBay Number LOL :D
A14UTY

Post by A14UTY »

Much appreciated, thanks Eddie.
BlasterXXL

Post by BlasterXXL »

Could you please share info where you conected (which fuses, what signal) wiring kit? I have troubles to obtain taigo fuse box diagram :oops:
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

The one that controls the power socket in the front consul by the gear lever