Newbie with a Service Intervals question

New to the Volkswagen Taigo Forums? Introduce yourself here
ThaiGreen

Post by ThaiGreen »

Hi all, my first post on this forum.

My wife is about to order a new Tiago in green which also explains my corny username! So the base spec Tiago will be replacing our Ford Puma which as been a great little car but the lease expires in June and she fancies a change.

The decision she has is whether to include a maintenance plan as part of the lease deal which will be over 3 years and 30,000 miles. Is anyone able to confirm what the service schedule is for the Tiago? It’s an additional £468 which is good if it’s due an annual service but expensive if the car only needs one service during the lease period.

Many thanks.

Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

Hello and welcome!

First of all it's Taigo and not Tiago ;)

I negotiated a free plan for 2 services and it's listed as £224 value exclusive of VAT if that helps
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam
Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

I think it will differ based on mileage as well, you need one after xx amount of miles so difficult to say

Web says this:
Taigo service intervals are flexible according to the in-car computer and can be as long as 18,600 miles

The default seems to be 2 years first if below mileage limit so for 3 years overall 468 seems "ok" but not a great offer either so probably wouldn't take it and just pay as you go personally
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam
ThaiGreen

Post by ThaiGreen »

Hi Daniel777,

Thanks for the response, the wife drives like Miss Daisy so if the Taigo comes with a built in service indicator then the self-maintain option is the way to go.

As an aside the VW dealer reckons on a September delivery date if we order now.