Come on Guys lets get this forum going

The place to discuss everything else..
Paul1

Post by Paul1 »

Just ordered my Taigo 1.5 DSG Style Coral Reef Blue with Driving Profile Discover Pro Art Velour Beats Audio RearView Camera Heated seats looks like September 2023 delivery 😞had a Taigo for a loan car when my VW Tiguan was in for a repair for a problem gearbox was impressed with the Taigo style and looks and how well it handled so I decided time for a change.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 »

There seems to be some confusion and negative views on Lane Assist on many VAG forums. I had a SEAT Ateca for 5 years and it had Travel Assist. I used it a few times but did not like the way it only reacted when you got too close to the white line. OK, it’s a reasonable warning but it doesn’t turn the car into a self driving vehicle.

However things have changed and the Taigo is now officially classed as a Level 2 Autonomous Vehicle, as is the Tesla. The basic Lane Assist is the same as before, however the Taigo now comes with IQ Drive which combines all the assistance options into one composite option. This can only be activated from the bottom right button on the left of the wheel.

When this is activated, assuming ACC is switched on, Lane Assist changes to a true lane keeping system which centres the car in the middle of the two white lines. Clearly, it needs both lines or it reverts to the basic system. It is really only for motorways or well marked roads but it does work really well. It doesn’t handle the tighter bends though. With DSG it really does drive itself.
VW Taigo 1.5 DSG R-Line, 2023 M/Y, Visual Green/Black
Ox_Fub

Post by Ox_Fub »

Well said Fred99. I had driven other cars with lane assist and distance warning/control. This is the 1st with a Star Trek tractor beam function. Takes a bit of getting used to but once you have confidence in it using it in traffic is a scream. I often let the car remind me to touch the steering wheel when using lane assist. However with all this gadgetry I still have trouble with park assist.🤣