VW Data plug

New to the Volkswagen Taigo Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ox_Fub

Post by Ox_Fub »

Hi, has anybody used a genuine VW data plug and the We Connect Go app yet ? Ive seen an advert for a new V2.1 plug for £10.

Ox_Fub

Post by Ox_Fub »

Well I've got a data plug, popped into the OBD port and setup on my phone, Once Ive got some data I'll let you know if it was worth the effort and cost. :-)
Ox_Fub

Post by Ox_Fub »

Completed a 200 mile trip with the data plug. It can record a map of the journey and show you some stats of how well you drove. I managed 97% 49.6mpg mainly 70mph on motorways + A roads also includes a bit of town work, so not a bad average for a 1.5petrol engine (my 2l D Jag used to return 53mpg on the same journey ).
Seems you need the We connect Go app running to record so if you close it down it doesn't work.

Is it worth it, I'm thinking not unless your a business user. The in car display and We Connect app both show last journey MPG. !

Data.PNG

Daniel777

Post by Daniel777 »

Thanks for sharing!
Where is the ODB port, is it easy to install?
Taigo Style 1.5 DSG
Coral Reef Blue
Beats Audio
Discover Pro
Heated Seats
Rear Cam
UTR Dashcam
Ox_Fub

Post by Ox_Fub »

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy. The OBD port is under the drivers side of the dashboard. Really easy to spot. The data plug simply plugs in. When driving unfortunately you can just see the plug if you look down at the peddles. I’ve put a bit of black tape over it to make it less obvious. Since my last report I’ve used the app a few more times. It seems to miss some trips although I leave it running on my phone. Happy new year everyone.