Hi there from Spain

New to the Volkswagen Taigo Forums? Introduce yourself here
Fred99

Post by Fred99 »

Hi there!

I have just ordered a Taigo after owning a SEAT Ateca for nearly 6 years. We live permanently on the south coast of Spain, so when the Taigo arrives it won’t have too far to come as it is made in Spain.

The Ateca was a great car and I loved it, however we have always had two cars and we decided that the time has come to change to one car. My wife’s current car is a VW Up! So we wanted a compromise on size, hence the choice of the Taigo which should arrive before Xmas.

I have ordered a 1.5 DSG R-Line in metallic green with a black roof. 18” alloys, IQ Drive and IQ Matrix LEDs etc.

I was an enthusiastic member of the Ateca forum, so I will probably have loads of questions about the Taigo.
VW Taigo 1.5 DSG R-Line, 2023 M/Y, Visual Green/Black

ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Welcome....From the Tropical Isle of Wight....Got mine on Thursday...Well Pleased....Super looking car with a lovely driving position...This forum has only just started...so responses are few and far between....glad your on board as I seem to be the only recent poster....Be Lucky! Eddie
Fred99

Post by Fred99 »

Some good news. I ordered the Taigo on August 30th as a factory order. I was quoted 3-4 months for delivery, which sounded good under the present chip problems. I spoke to the dealer yesterday and to my considerable surprise was told that it was built and ready to put on a transporter from the Madrid logistics centre.

It should arrive next week. From order to build was about 6 weeks!
VW Taigo 1.5 DSG R-Line, 2023 M/Y, Visual Green/Black
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

The Taigo is built in Spain so perhaps you are getting them sooner being local than some other countries, however I can't complain as I had my car within one week of ordering as it had already been built and was in a compound somewhere in the UK. Enjoy the car, I love mine, despite so niggling faults with the infotainment unit.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel