Order placed

All Volkswagen Taigo related discussions
Daytel

Post by Daytel »

This is my reply when asked on the T Cross Forum if I had test driven the new Taigo before ordering it.

No as there wasn’t one to try
A demonstrator was due in soon, but I chose to take a chance..
I nearly went with the same 1.0 engine that I have now which is really good. However, having satisfied myself that the 1.5 has now been rectified I went for that instead.
I am pleased with my T Cross, and confident the Taigo won’t be much different ride wise, and the interior dash layout looks better.

I needed to get things moving as I wanted delivery before my car was 3 years old.
With Covid seemingly getting worse I could see there could be more delays ahead.
I think I was lucky with the timing, sales target wise it was at the end of the quarter, and the year, so that might of helped.

Car wow quotes were all at full list price, less £500 VW PCP deposit contribution, which is what my dealer first came up with.
That left my Trade in to negotiate. I held back disclosing my research and was offered more than ‘We buy any Car’ but not as much as some of the other on line valuations. To be honest, it was quite fair.
I said that whilst I hated Dutch auctions, I did need to try another VW dealer.
This prompted the anticipated question “my Sales manager has asked what would it take to allow you to sign TODAY” - bingo.

I asked for, and got:
The £500 VW PCP Deposit contribution.
£800 off, (split between discount on the Taigo, and an increase on my trade in).
Agreement to delete the spacesaver spare wheel (£95) from the order, and on collection/exchange day put my existing unused spare into the Taigo, and they retain the puncture repair kit. (Subject to compatibility - they will both be on 18” wheels).
A full tank of Fuel. They added £50 to my invoice, then added a FURTHER £50 discount to the Taigo to wipe it out.

Lead times showing on Carwow showed 5 months, and I was told 20 weeks by the dealer, but I am not holding my breath. Not a problem if longer as the trade in is set in stone, and my trade in is still under warranty .
So, I’m very happy with that, and at the risk of showing off hopefully I should end up with a :-
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG in Kings Red, with 18” Misano wheels, and a reversing camera
Last edited by Daytel on Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White with Pearl Black roof
Black mirror housing pack
Panoramic sunroof (so no roof rails)
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Spare Wheel

Daytel

Post by Daytel »

I should explain that the £50 was listed on the invoice as a charge for the full tank of fuel, so it won’t be overlooked on handover.
It was credited off again by a further £50 discount on the Taigo.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Spare Wheel
mch101

Post by mch101 »

I've ordered my Taigo R Line1.5 DSG last week.

Was told to expect delivery around July time.

VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG in Smokey Grey Metallic, with 18” Misano wheels, heated seats and IQ Lighting.

I managed to get a relatively good deal with about 2.8% off the price of the car, £500 dealer contribution and part exchange my current Polo when my new vehicle arrives.

Debating the colour now, but should I stick with the grey or should I go for a more realistic contrast. The rendering pictures don't really help without seeing the true colours in person. I've seen photographs but being metallic, you struggle with the true view. Does anyone know where I can perhaps view it in Grey or Red? I've test-driven both the 1.0 and 1.5 and am so happy I went with the 1.5 for the little extra punch.

Do any dealerships in the Midlands, North-west or Yorkshire region have these colours to view?

Taigo Grey.png

Daytel

Post by Daytel »

I’m glad you speak well of the 1.5, I was going to have another 1.0 but decided to try the 1.5 now they seem to have resolved the kangerooing issues.
Although £165 extra I chose the Kings Red.
Photos and You Tube do show it in different shades, and even a Golf in the showroom under the sparkly lights looked different at either end!
July for delivery sounds about right, I was told 20 weeks just before Xmas.

B229491E-247C-476A-AC0A-796F18148657.png

VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Spare Wheel
mch101

Post by mch101 »

Well, I can't change the colour now, so will have to just stick with smokey grey... The order has been confirmed and locked. Build week 10 which is the 2nd week in March. So may arrive sooner than July.
Daytel

Post by Daytel »

Me again,
I’m sure you will be happy with it when it arrives.

I had second thoughts about the kings red, and was lucky enough today to get it changed to Pure white with a Deep Black Pearl roof (£590), with the compulsory roof and mirror black pack (£35) so cheaper than the Kings Red.
Order placed 16th December, but not confirmed so the change was allowed.
Also today I spent some more of the kids inheritance money on a Panasonic roof.
Two reasons, it deletes the Roof rails which I think look a bit top heavy, and being an RLine it has a black headlining, which combined with the sloping roof does make it a bit dark inside.

C1F6833E-C540-4626-973E-62D8053BDE01.png

Last edited by Daytel on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Spare Wheel
mch101

Post by mch101 »

That's lucky to get yours changed over. Wonder why I wasn't allowed to change and you were :o. The original build week for mine was 202236 but has moved to 202210.

Yeah, I am looking forward to it. I am going to get the roof wrapped in black after the paint has cured. I am an avid mountain biker, so will also help with any debris or little scratches from anything which may fall onto the roof (mud/stones).

Order.png

Nurburgnicky

Post by Nurburgnicky »

Test Drove the Taigo Life 1.0 TSI, and got to see most of the colours of the Taigo on the 12th Feb initially wanted the white, but then saw it in the Ascot Grey and loved it.
Ordered Taigo life 1.0TSI 5 speed manual in Ascot Grey
Dealership had already got one on a pre order available and could be here early May
Have been rung today to say my Taigo has now arrived in the country and should be ready to collect as soon as this weekend. :) :) :)