What other Volkswagen vehicles have you not liked?

The place to discuss everything else..
RedShark007

Post by RedShark007 »

Everyone has their favourites and there are plenty of nice ones to choose from but which ones would you say are on your least liked list?

For me, I never liked the Volkswagen Beetle. The newer ones are not as bad but the early to mid-2000 ones, in my opinion, were just absolutely horrendous!

freejam

Post by freejam »

A real dog was the VW K70. Originally designed by NSU. I owned one in Nigeria - completely unreliable.

NSU Motorenwerke AG, or NSU, was a German manufacturer of automobiles, motorcycles and pedal cycles, founded in 1873. Acquired by Volkswagen Group in 1969, VW merged NSU with Auto Union, creating Audi NSU Auto Union AG, ultimately Audi. The name NSU originated as an abbreviation of "Neckarsulm", the city where NSU was located.
freejam

Post by freejam »

Also had a new VW Passat as a company car in Nigeria in 1980 - the Aircon compressor dropped off in week two and a con rod burst through the engine block in the second month of driving on the Calabar expressway at 80mph. It was assembled locally - so was not surprised.
freejam

Post by freejam »

And I bought a VW Transporter in 1979 for a survey project - on its first trip up the Ibadan expressway from Lagos the gearbox totally failed - the VW factory and dealer had omitted to put any oil in the gearbox. I drove it a bit - totally underpowered it was like driving a rubberband powered motor. It took about 2 or 3 seconds to respond to accelerator input - assembly was local I was not surprised.