Uk Configurator now live

All Volkswagen Taigo related discussions
Daytel

Post by Daytel »

The new configurator https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/configurator.html shows a lot more kit as standard.
There is no mention of Rear Cross Traffic alert which is on the R line T Cross, and for some reason the colour King red is more expensive than say reef blue.
Overall quite an improvement, but it is slightly more expensive.

I suspect the layout of this forum will change at some point, in line with the Q2 and T Cross forums. It takes a bit of getting used to, but then it’s free so we can’t really complain.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White with Pearl Black roof
Black mirror housing pack
Panoramic sunroof (so no roof rails)
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Spare Wheel

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Daytel wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:59 pm
I suspect the layout of this forum will change at some point, in line with the Q2 and T Cross forums. It takes a bit of getting used to, but then it’s free so we can’t really complain.
No plans to change this site, dont worry :D
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

From what I can see, equipment levels / trim levels look like this:

The entry-level Taigo Life is generously equipped as standard, with a suite of driver assistance systems providing safety and assurance. These include Lane Change Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Park Assist with front and rear parking sensors, and more. From the outside, the Taigo Life’s 16-inch ‘Everett’ Black alloy wheels, front fog lights, LED headlights and black-finished roof rails complement its sharp styling. Comfort and convenience features include logo projection lighting from the car’s door mirrors; a multifunction camera; lumbar support for the comfortable front seats; electrically-folding door mirrors with electric heating and adjustment; and a multifunction steering wheel.

Standard equipment for the Taigo R-Line builds upon that of the Life, offering a sportily-styled alternative with 17-inch ‘Valencia’ alloy wheels and R-Line exterior styling with bespoke bumpers. On the inside, more R-Line styling cues are present, with a black roof-lining, R-Line badging on the floor mats and an R-Line specific multifunction steering wheel; while luxuries such as ambient lighting; 2-zone Climatronic climate control; an upgraded, 10.25-inch Digital Cockpit Pro dashboard display; and an 8.0-inch Discover Navigation infotainment system, are all fitted. The driver can also select between profiles to change the characteristics of the car’s drive, to suit sportier or more relaxed driving styles. Rear privacy glass adds to the dynamic look of the Taigo, and is also standard on the Taigo Style.

Majoring on luxury and comfort, the Taigo Style builds even further upon the model’s generous equipment package, with the standard fitment of IQ.Light LED matrix headlights. These feature individually controlled modules that are able to automatically switch modes to suit a variety of driving situations. The IQ.Light series was introduced on the Touareg in 2018, but has now been adopted across much of the Volkswagen model range. These intelligent headlights are enhanced by a full-width LED bar in the Taigo’s front grille. The Taigo Style also features 17-inch ‘Aberdeen’ alloy wheels, as well as Dynamic Light Assist for the IQ.Light headlights as standard.
Daytel

Post by Daytel »

Thanks Rob,
I asked VW Customer service (twice) to clarify if it has the same safety feature as my T Cross, namely the Rear Cross Traffic Alert with automatic braking but they don’t know!
They say

“and confirm we are unable to provide any technical information other than the details which are described in the Owners Manual. I apologise for any disappointment this may cause however we do not have further information regarding the Taigo as of yet. Therefore, I would recommend visiting your local Volkswagen Retailer, where a highly experienced member of their Sales Team will be happy to provide the most appropriate advice and answer any sales concerns for you“.

I would have thought they could of made the effort to answer a relatively simple question with a yes or no answer.
Both replies have a hint of ‘copy and paste’ about them.

They haven’t told me what it says in their owners manual and I’m not ready to visit a dealer as I’m not quite ready for the sales pitch so will leave it for now.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White with Pearl Black roof
Black mirror housing pack
Panoramic sunroof (so no roof rails)
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Spare Wheel