Hard to believe mpg

All Volkswagen Taigo related discussions
A14UTY

Post by A14UTY »

Hi all,
First of all my apologies if I am preaching to the converted!
I have an April ‘22 R-Line with the 1.5 DPCA engine & recently had occasion to disconnect the battery for a small job I was doing.
As expected, this reset everything to factory defaults when re-connected so whilst in slow moving traffic after finishing the job I started to re-set all my preferences.
As I was scrolling through options for the centre portion of the Speedo display I landed on ‘Range’ & was surprised to see below the figure the text ‘2 cylinder mode’.
I had always thought that cylinder de-activation was only a feature of the later EVO versions of the engine - there doesn’t appear to be any reference to it in the manual. You learn something new every day!!
This perhaps explains how I achieved such amazing mpg on my trip earlier in the year (previous post)

Fred99

Post by Fred99 »

It was on my 2017 1.4 Ateca. There was an icon on the display when it kicked in, so it’s not exactly new.
VW Taigo 1.5 DSG R-Line, 2023 M/Y, Visual Green/Black
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

why is your dash in KM
Fred99

Post by Fred99 »

Assuming you are referring to me, it’s because I live in Spain. I have a mix of km for distance and speed but mpg for consumption.
VW Taigo 1.5 DSG R-Line, 2023 M/Y, Visual Green/Black