We Connect

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen Taigo
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers » Fri May 27, 2022 10:40 am

Have a new Taigo R line 1.5 and last week thought I would try the We Connect app to send route directions to the car. All went as planned, the car receiving the instructions and added them to the infotainment unit. Earlier this week was going on a journey with three en-route stopping off places off of the main road I was using. Again went to use the We Connect app, set it all up and sent the information to the car. Nothing received, tried a couple of more times and still nothing. At this point contacted VW regarding this who tried over the phone to talk me through a number of different steps without any success. They then said that my issue would have to be cascaded up the VW technical team in Germany. I've had three emails back from then and despite giving me some tests to try it still the infotainment unit will still not receive the mapping information from the app. This is still on going and VW seem baffled by the issue. Last night out of shear frustration as I'm due to travel today I went into settings on my phone, running the latest version of Android, and deleted the cache within the We Connect app. Success it immediately sent to mapping and was received by the car. Tried a different destination and found again this did not work. Cleared cache again and sending route information works. Appears you have to clear cache every time you wish to send a new route from We Connect to car. This can not be a long term answer but for anyone with an Android phone finding you have issues using this, clear the cache first, then send your route to the car and it will work. VW technical have been advised of the temporary fix and seemed surprised of this. Was advised they are looking into a permanent fix for the issue and will advise accordingly.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:19 pm

Finally after 4 weeks of emails, photo's of the infotainment unit and testing of potential solution between myself and Volkswagen Customer Services Volkswagen have agreed the unit is faulty and the car is booked in for a week on Monday for the unit to be replaced. Hopefully this will resolve all issues, whilst it has been annoying VW Customer Services have been very helpful in trying to resolve the issue with me and have come to a satisfactory solution to resolve the issue. Fingers crossed now that I will have a fully operational unit come the 27th June.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel