Jumpy clutch

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen Taigo
gtireland

Post by gtireland »

Hello everyone. I’ve just bought a six month old 1.0 TSI 110bhp 6 speed from a main dealer in England . I’m now finding it difficult to pull off smoothly in first gear without getting a jerking sensation from the driveline. The only way I can avoid this is by slowing releasing clutch and only applying throttle once clutch fully out.The gear changes are fine from second through to sixth. I’ve arranged to take it in to local main dealer here but they can’t look at it till start of January. Anyone else experienced this? I rang VW customer services who now seem to work out of a call centre abroad ,and , to be honest they were useless.
I also had to replace myself the front and rear wiper blades on car as they were juddering and smearing badly. The dealer has so far reimbursed me for the front set. So much for VW’s “142 point approved used car check” -eh?
Taigo 1.0 Style manual. Smokey grey. Heated seats and rear camera.

ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

VW Wipers are shite. Fit Bosch aero twins no judder and work well. Good luck with the clutch at the main dealers
gtireland

Post by gtireland »

Thanks for reply. I bought genuine VW ones through TPS. Going by the posts on here I’ll probably be binning them in 6 months. Do you have a manual Taigo?
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Sorry mines auto
A14UTY

Post by A14UTY »

Hi all,
Re rear wiper blade……..
When I bought my Taigo I immediately fitted Bosch front blades - I wasn’t aware of the juddering issue at that time, I just always use Bosch.
However, I just could not locate a Bosch rear blade anywhere - even the Bosch website showed they were unavailable.
So I sourced a replacement arm for a different VW model, on which the square locating cut-out is located differently so I can now use Bosch A331H 13” blades - which are readily available at around £7 - £8.
Alphabrimble

Post by Alphabrimble »

Hi
I have the same engine and manual as you and mine is also the same it been like it since day 1 and mine is jumpy pulling away but is fine through every other gears. Also yeah the wipers are awful I replaced mine as well
Taigo style 1.0 110ps manual.
Kings red metallic, heated seats, rear view camera, spare wheel
gtireland

Post by gtireland »

Thanks for your reply. I’m glad I’m not the only one then. Has yours been back to VW?
SMA

Post by SMA »

Just bought an almost new Taigo, only had it for 10 days. Came on to forum to find a way to turn off the automatic locking at a certain speed (it seems you can't) when your post caught my eye. I have the same model and am experiencing the same jumpy clutch issue. Thought it was just me not being used to it. Am now interested to hear if yours is fixed and if so what they did do please?
gtireland

Post by gtireland »

Hello. I haven’t been on forum in ages and just saw your post.

I took it to the main dealer in Belfast. One of their techs came out for a short drive with me. He said he could feel the jerkiness. I left the car with them got a taxi back to work which cost me £43 :-( and then they phone me an hour later and say there’s nothing wrong with the car. I said I wasn’t accepting that and would have to get a second opinion and they just said fine. They weren’t really interested to be honest. I’ve been on to VW customer services and they want me to take it to another dealer which is 30 miles away. So far I haven’t been able to get out of work to do this as am self employed. VW customer services then said the second dealer would be in touch to arrange to pick my car up and leave me a loan car. However they did not bother contacting me and now VW customer services are telling me I have to take it to the dealership myself. So in a nutshell I’m no further forward.