Contentious Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen Taigo
Archie Bishop

Post by Archie Bishop »

Contentious Issues (2)

1. With the advent of the recent / remarkable hot weather, I am sure that we all enjoyed (as a necessity) the air conditioning – which obviously is a great safety feature.

2. None the less I found the need of increasing / decreasing the temperature with the sliding mechanism somewhat awkward –necessitating taking my eyes from the ‘road’ (to adjust said temperature ) which no doubt constitutes a risk. BUT to ‘pull – over each time ‘ to adjust the temperature would be totally impractical So, perhaps members of this forum from the hotter regions of Europe (perhaps the Isle of Wight) could avail us just what trickery they employ.

3. In conclusion – I award the VW design team (for this facility) NO BROWNIE POINTS !

Comments most welcome…. Jeff

(Ps Contentious Issue number 2 is in the process of being typed - then to be submitted – that way we increase our ‘Posts’ – sneaky eh !)

ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

Hi Jeff...Nice to have another poster...as I was getting lonely...I agree about the heating sliders...takes a while to get used to...I generally leave mine on 19d...unless it's really hot...then its a bit fiddly until you get used to where everything is.....Best wished from the tropical Isle of Wight..Eddie
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Yes too fiddly and potentially dangerous having to take eyes off the road and look down to change temperature. Not ideal but would be better if like some makes of cars where the aircon temperatures can be changed on the infotainment unit. Another contentious issue I have is the poor quality of the paint to withstand stone chips. Paint far too soft especially on the front bumper, already have three chips showing the black plastic underneath which required use of touch up paint, and this from a driver who doesn't tailgate and generally sticks well within the national speed limits.
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG
Pure White
Rear view camera
18” Misano wheels
Heated Seats
Spare Wheel
Fred99

Post by Fred99 »

Living in Spain, A/C is essential. Remember, it is a Climate Control system, that means it maintains the inside temperature regardless of the outside temperature. Mine is set at 20c year round. The only time I change any settings is if it is very hot (40c) and then I just hit the Max button until it is cool enough.

My experience is on the Ateca, which uses the same system. When I get my Taigo I do not expect it to be a problem at all.
VW Taigo 1.5 DSG R-Line, 2023 M/Y, Visual Green/Black
Archie Bishop

Post by Archie Bishop »

With regard to the post on the air con issue - the following has been added to the Golf Gti Forum - my previous forum:

Anyone else seen this?
Apparently the standard Golf GTI MK8 in the US will feature two proper physical knobs as part of the infotainment system. 3:54 mins here:

Please VW give us that option! Rather than those nasty sliders you can't even see in the dark!
Not all that it seems. Slider bar for temp is removed but without replacement so the only way to alter temp is via ‘clima’ hot key and then adjusting on screen
[/b
]
ioweddie

Post by ioweddie »

I have 2 things to moan about...The drivers wiper judders and leave a nasty smear on the down stroke...glass been cleaned to death with meths...white vinegar..etc...booked in for a replacement next Tuesday...2nd gripe is the reversing camera....when it's raining and revering the lens is blurred as its covered in dirty water...my Mercedes had a cover that popped open when reversing to keep it clean...
freejam

Post by freejam »

To see temperature sliders in the dark the light switch needs to be set to Auto. I decide temperature before driving to avoid changes whilst driving or leave it to wifey to change it.
The navigation system is the proverbial chocolate teapot - utterly useless.
But I love all the night lights great interior strip lighting around the dash, footwell lights, door lock lights, roadside grid lights when door is opened avoids stepping into puddles.
freejam

Post by freejam »

Just one light requirement not provided - illumination for the starter key location - I insert key by feel, but this takes a bit of practice.

Pete
Fred99

Post by Fred99 »

You should have specifies Kessy! As for aircon, you do not need to use the sliders to change the temperature. Just tap on the red or blue bit and it will change it one degree at a time.
VW Taigo 1.5 DSG R-Line, 2023 M/Y, Visual Green/Black
tomtank62

Post by tomtank62 »

My car has just been into the dealer for a knocking on the front suspension - near side drop link replaced under warranty.
They lent me a new Taigo while mine was being repaired, it had 3 rotary switches for the temperature, fan speed, and direction of air flow. Not as good looking as the touch panel, but much easier to use.